Brandon Joseph Baker Info

My photo
Oakland/San Francisco, California
A place to share the works that inspire me.

20090120

Sundance and fiinally, a screening

Today I got a chance to see my first film of The Festival. 5 days in. It's a busy festival and it's a lot of work. After the first weekend the crowd lulls - some head back to LA and the locals come out. Today I caught a film by Laurel Nakadate, Stay The Same Never Change. This movie was filmed entirely in Kansas City and in several locations I've been in for shoots with my first job out of college, The Kansas City Star. It was a wonderful non linear film full of vignettes of teenage girls awkward moments in one summer. I was very excited to see this movie when I first read the Sundance press release in November. I've also had the opportunity to photograph the director randomly earlier in the week. The following photos are completely unrelated to The Festival and were just something I shot waiting for a ride.

No comments: