Brandon Joseph Baker Info

My photo
Oakland/San Francisco, California
A place to share the works that inspire me.

20090117

SUNDANCE PORTRAITS

Annually I head to The Sundance Film Festival to work as the Photo Editor for The Sundance Daily Insider. This year we're in a new space, implementing new styles for the paper, putting more emphasis on live coverage and pushing the videos on our site -www.sundance.org/festival. I'm most excited to work in the portrait studio I have set up for our exclusive coverage. My first subject, Calvin Knight is a veteran photojournalist. He's covered shuttle launches, professional sports and is on The New York Times speed dial for coverage in his native area Florida. Next two images are of Duane Trower. Duane is one of our go to guys to get things done while we're tethered to our laptops. Duane drives with the precision of a surgeon as he cuts through side streets to avoid traffic taking us to and from appointments. He also gets up early with Shawn Sherril to deliver the paper we publish everyday. Cheryl Carlson leads our distribution and production. She's an unsung hero who goes to Salt Lake City every night for our press checks. Joe Beyer leads the video team during the 10 crazy days of The Festival. He's sharp, knows what he wants and never stops working. The man is tireless. Here I'm sure he's conjuring the spirit of Lou Reed circa White Light/White Heat. I had hoped to post more but have to go into a budget meeting about tomorrows issue. Please check back again and support indie film.

No comments: