Brandon Joseph Baker Info

My photo
Oakland/San Francisco, California
A place to share the works that inspire me.

20101126

POLISH STREET ART : PRZEMEK BLEJZYK

Street and graffiti art is an art form I have mixed feelings about. In recent years there has been a huge surge in popularity and attention to this medium, especially in my home of San Francisco. I respect the work Upper Playground has done to unify, brand and market street artist's work and the mural work 1 AM has done in The Tenderloin on Golden Gate is a beautiful addition to the blighted neighborhood. I think the amount of Juxtapose-esque cartoon graffiti artists and toys borders ad nauseum in the art world. When I first saw Zupi.org's post on Polish Street Art I had my doubts about seeing anything new. I was amazed when I saw the work of Blejzyk, who also works under the name Sainer. His street art is less like graffiti and more like using walls as large canvases for his paintings, which are also beautiful. I love his use of line, form and perspective distortion, space and color palette. Some of the posted works are done in collaboration with other artists, specifically Bezt on the mural works. For further information check out his blog pblejzyk.blogspot.com or on The Behance Network.






PAINTINGS BY BLEJZYK



No comments: