Brandon Joseph Baker Info

My photo
Oakland/San Francisco, California
A place to share the works that inspire me.

20111125

TNF LOOK BOOK | JAPAN

In September I started working for The North Face. [I'm the Photo and Video Coordinator and my role is to create product photography and videos for our website, TheNorthFace.com, and for internal and external marketing use. The role has been beyond rewarding and I'm very happy with the work I'm doing and the teams I'm collaborating with.] While discussing brand design and direction with a coworker recently the TNFlook.com site came up. TNFlook is a Japanese version of The North Face. It is run separately and independently from the brand I work with daily. I like the styling, aesthetic and functionality of the TNFlook site. Below are screen captures from the sites animations showing the products layering story. These styles of animations have gained a bit of notoriety and hipster acclaim lately. I too have dabbled in these animations in both my IandI series and Press-X series. I really enjoy the bold difference in the brand interpretation and the site experience.





Note how great one can look with a tie and a jacket from The North Face. [A reference only one who knows how much I miss wearing a tie daily will understand]
The site has a travel gallery feature that includes images taken from around the world. I love images like this from the casual observer or amateur photographer. I used to work in a printing lab in Lawrence, Kansas and always enjoyed seeing vacation photos from places I've never been.


No comments: