Brandon Joseph Baker Info

My photo
Oakland/San Francisco, California
A place to share the works that inspire me.

20120213

BARNABY WARD | SOMEFIELD

The Black Harbor had a great post about Barnaby Ward, aka Somefield, last week. I was unfamiliar with the work but was instantly drawn to the solid color backgrounds, bright simple pallete, pen and ink style illustrations and most importantly pairing of fantastic monsters with unimpressed girls. It reminded me of Zak Smith's work focused through Ritalin (only offered as an observation, not a judgement on either artist's work). After further exploration of the work I had to share. He has a great comic on his site, Sixteen Miles to Merrick, that I am excited to return to shortly. For more from SOMEFIELD visit here and RSS Black Harbor when you get a chance.





No comments: