Brandon Joseph Baker Info

My photo
Oakland/San Francisco, California
A place to share the works that inspire me.

20100124

PRESS LINE

Last night I shot on the press line for the premier of Cyrus. This was my first experience shooting on a press line for a film. My commercial work doesn't typically require this sort of activity. I don't usually stand with the throngs of other media members waiting to catch a brief interview or a fleeting glimpse into a lens. The press line can be a messy thing. People scramble over each other to get as much time from one personality as possible. It's a strange process that doesn't really translate into the work I get paid to do. After trying to shoot like the rest of the shooters when Jonah Hill walked in I said screw it. The Sundance Institute has plenty of access to the typical shot of an actor or director on the press line. I would prefer to give them access to creative content they can't find anywhere else. It also helps when you know the directors from years past and walk in with the Director of The Sundance Film Festival, John Cooper.




No comments: